STUDENTS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY FOR THE KEVIN SHAW JR. MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDED THAT THEY MEET THE REQUIREMENTS AS LISTED BELOW:
- Attend a high school in New York City and be a person of the African Diaspora, Latino/a, or Latinx background;
- Demonstrate financial need as determined by the Scholarship Selection Committee;
- Current high school student graduating Spring of 2020 or recipient of a GED;
- Cumulative average at least 80%, or an average GED score of 3000;
- Accepted as a full time and first-time matriculating freshman, in Fall Semester 2020, at an accredited College or University in pursuit of a Baccalaureate Degree at the time the award is presented;
- A person who demonstrates strong potential for academic achievement;
- Excellent character and proven leadership ability, with a demonstrated commitment to community service and extracurricular activities.
Applicants are screened by The Kevin Shaw Jr. Foundation Scholarship Selection Committee and scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of their application, essay and interview.
RECIPIENTS ARE REQUIRED TO ATTEND THE ANNUAL KEVIN SHAW Jr. FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP AWARD CEREMONY IN ORDER TO RECEIVE THE SCHOLARSHIP AWARD.
ALL REQUIRED MATERIALS MUST BE RECEIVED ON OR BEFORE APRIL 30, 2020
- Completed application form;
- Essay as described in the application (500 words minimum single spaced);
- Official High School transcript;
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation (teachers, school counselor, youth leaders,clergy, etc.) must be emailed directly from the recommending individual to email@example.com